Sunday, August 19, 2012

First for Many Weekend

I tried several new things this weekend.

First, on Friday, I did my longest swim so far of 3000 yards at the pool.  It was a nice swim set and did a 100 at the end after full (1-2 minute) recovery.  Pushed it at 1:19 which I think is good for me.  I feel as though my swim has improved quite a bit lately.  It is noticeable how I can swim at a much more moderate effort longer without getting tired.  So that is good.

Saturday was a fun day at home with the kiddos.  Took 3 of mine and their cousin to eat breakfast at our new hot spot (one spent the night at their cousins).  Their favorite, dinosaur shaped pancakes with chocolate chips.  Actually, last Wednesday I stopped by with two of the kids after my 3 and a half hour brick and at a wonderful breakfast for lunch.  I can say that this is my new favorite place to eat.

After that, the kids jumped into the pool and I decided I would watch them while on the trainer outside.  So I carried all my gear (bike, trainer, riser, portable fan, and hydration) outside and got to work.  I didn't realize it would be so hot, but within 5-10 minutes it was raining sweat under me.

The plan worked and I was able to get a nice 55 minute ride while watching the kids.  Jennifer was there as well and so was her sister Jessica and her 2.  Once finished, I jumped right in for the cool down and play time with the kids.  I find it really neat how the kids kept coming up to ask questions about the bike, gear, and even what I was drinking.

My parents and Claudia (one of my 4 sisters) came to visit Sunday and we had a great time.  Before they arrived I decided to jump on the treadmill and get 45 minutes in.  I've never used our Precor before, but decided to give it a go since I missed getting up at 4:30 am (thanks to rain and storms keeping kids awake) to run.

I have to say, I give the Precor 2 thumbs up.  It was smooth and felt good.

So, another week begins.  My last beginning of week post started off with inspiration.  Well, I admit I watched a few Ironman World Championship videos again.  My parents watched a bit of the 2011 Ironman World Championship and were quite impressed with the sport and the stories behind it.  So that is good.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Pablo. YOu will do well. I'll look forward to seeing your times and events posted.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete