Friday, August 10, 2012

Hot pool swim

The one thing that I have not taken into consideration is how hot the pool water can become.  I swam at the YMCA pool this afternoon around 1 pm.  I typically swim in the morning or at the indoor Y pool.  However, today was a change due to coming home early to help Jennifer get the kids around to their Friday activities.

When I got to the Y pool, I started to think to myself, hmm...I wonder if the pool water will feel anything like my pool...a scorching 92 degrees!!!  I've never swam this late.  When I arrived, I realized they were circulating water via a water pump spraying water from the bottom of the pool to the top.

Standing under it felt really nice and cool.  However, swimming past the 10-12 yards or so that were sprayed was different.  It felt as though I was swelling water under that spot.  The spray works though. The temperature was very noticeable in that spot compared to the other end.

The plus of this was that it simulated more of a realistic water environment.

The swim was tough.  I'm not much of a swimmer and I'm trying to build more speed into my swim.  Today constituted of short speed intervals.  The main set was 30 x 50 fast with no more that 15 sec rest in between.  Overall, I kept them between 41 and 44 seconds through.  I'll take that as a success.

And for todays post work out drink:



boost-high-protein-drink.jpg
Also, many of you know, I have become a fan of juicing.  I bought my Breville juicer about 3 months ago and enjoy juicing (not Roger Clemens style).  I attest that it speeds up my recovery and has improved my overall health.  I'll try and post some recipes.


Todays mix was 1 lemon (peeled), 1 cucumber, 1 pear, and 1 beet.  Yum!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment