Monday, September 10, 2012

Just an observation

This is just an observation of mine that has been bugging me...also, note, that I am fairly new to cycling since I purchased my Cervelo P2 this past July.




....But, I have seen more and more people riding with headphones plugged into their iPods.  Even though I am new, this doesn't make sense to me.  I think it is very dangerous.

Take this morning...I was on my way to drop of some clothes at the cleaners and then sneak into Starbucks for a grande blonde, when I got stuck behind this old dude riding his mountain bike with his iPhone/iPod strapped to his arm taking his happy time.  He never noticed me behind him.  And he stayed in my way when I needed to turn not even noticing me.  Crazy.  At least he was wearing his helmet.

I just don't get it.  To me it is pretty risky not hearing what is coming up behind you.

This takes me quickly to my next frustration/observation...


I see more and more people DRIVING with their earphones in...C'MON!  Isn't this why they make radios????  You not only can't hear horns, you also can't hear emergency vehicles coming up and you have to look down to see what song is on...a big no no.

Enough ranting...maybe one day people will change and stop this craziness.

On a training note, my main swim set consisted of 15 x 100's.  I am proud to say that I did these all between 1:29 and 1:31.  Not bad.  My swim is getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment