Saturday, April 27, 2013

Special Delivery

I was very excited on Thursday.  I left to help the kids out at school with their Fairy Tale Feast.  I find it pretty cool to be able to jet out of work to help the kids out at school.  This way I do not miss any of the activities.






When I got back my deliveries arrived.  After careful research and discussion with several people I decided to add Klean Athlete products to my nutrition.  In particular I am taking their Klean Athlete Multivitamin and Klean Athlete Probiotic.  I am already eating pretty well, taking protein supplements, and figured this will only help.  Also, they offer Outrival Racing a good discount so I am all in.  BTW, the people at Klean are supper helpful and will answer all of your questions!

I also received two books that I have been looking to read for a long time:  Born to Run and Eat and Run.  The first one is of special interest since it is award winning and Pete Jacobs (2012 IM World Champion) claims that the book helped him find a better more efficient way to run.  He is one the best at the IM Marathon segment.  Running is my strength so I figure why not find a way to think about improving my run efficiency (I like to think I already am somewhat efficient).

The other is written by Scott Jurek, an ultra marathon legend.  The story behind him is that he relies on a complete plant diet to fuel his needs!  For 99% of the population this would sound crazy, but I am finding the best at ultra distance are super clean eaters.  I try to eat super clean and shoot for 50-60% of my calories from fruits and vegetables (as often as I can).  I also eat 0 to very little red meat.

I have to give credit to my improvement to better and smarter training, but also to diet.  I am a firm believer that diet is 70% of the equation and anything I can do and apply in this area to my daily routine I am all for it.  One of my secrets is lots of beets and spinach on a weekly basis!

Can't wait to learn and get Klean!


No comments:

Post a Comment