Friday, April 19, 2013

First Sprint

It is now roughly 2 weeks from my first sprint triathlon here in The Woodlands.  This will be the CB&I Triathlon held every year.  It is a pretty big race and I am looking forward to it.

My coach has been working in more speed/lactate work in my routine since most everything has been aerobic/tempo work.  So we will see how it all plays out.  Today was one of the LT/VO2 bike days.  I have to say I was a bit intimidated at first since hard workouts are..HARD!

Afterwards though I felt great!  Was able to hot about LT for a while and bring the heart up and down very well.  So I am glad we did this and can't wait to do more of these.

Hopefully this will build power going into my next 70.3 (Austin in October).  I need to take some time off the bike to move up.

So not a bad week of real training again after a slow recovery week last week from Texas 70.3.  Tomorrow is a rest day and then Sunday I have about 10 miles withe the last 3 at tempo/race pace.


No comments:

Post a Comment