Sunday, April 21, 2013

Planning ahead

I have to admit Triathlon has become a very big addiction that I am trying to control.  Slowly we are getting there.

Training is going well and I am in the process of trying to add some strength training to get the old core stronger.  Everything I read says improve the CORE.  However, I have learned that basic crunches and planks (what I have been doing) are not the best.  I should focus more on core movements since the core is more than rock hard abs.

So I will begin working on this and using the TRX at the gym.  All the pros I follow say that it is a great way to strengthen.

Another thing...it has been a BEAUTIFUL weekend here in The Woodlands!  Saturday was a rest day and it was well needed (actually slept 9.5 hours Saturday night).  I decided mid morning that it would be a lot of fun to take the family to the park about 3 miles down the road for a picnic.  I took Andrew & Ellen via bike to the park and Jennifer met us there with Ben and Sophie and the PBJ sandwiches.  The neat thing was that the kids pointed out the berries growing the bushes and I found out they were wild Blackberries!

I've never picked berries in my life and Jennifer said they were fine to eat.  So...I decided to eat them and they were AWESOME!  So good that I couldn't stop eating them.  I must have eaten a pound or so.  It is very hard for me to sit here and not go to the park and pick more for breakfast!

Another week is starting and today started with a nice 10 mile run after getting the kids some breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment